Autoplay Carousel and other common issues

Stanko07
Sat, 06/04/2016 - 02:28
Autoplay Carousel and other common issues

Hi,
First of all, congratulation of really nice html template. I love it!
I've went through the support forum and found some interesting posts but template still needs some improvements :)
1) Carousel
Could you tell me how to run autoplay carousel for Guest Book and Events on home page and set up intervals?
How to change speed for sliders on home page?
2) Booking Form
I've found a bug in booking form. Please find below an email's content I have received from booking form:
Kola
arrive:
departure:06/10/2016
adults:2
children:1
By the way, how to change an email subject. There is "mail booking".
3) Date format
Can you tell me how to change date format from American mm/dd/yyyy to European dd/mm/yyyy.
4) Map
How to change location on a map?
5) Gallery
Filtered image gallery shows all images for all categories. In example Gallery 1 has the Hotel category with 3 images. When you select one of them you can watch all images instead of those 3 of Hotel category. Could you resolve this issue?
6) Attractions
You have created page Attractions (http://themeforest.net/item/caruso-complete-hotel-booking-template/full_...) with a map and drop-dwon list of attractions. It's great idea but the question is how to assign a location on a map for each attraction from the list.

I've read the Template Help carefully but unfortunately it isn't helpful. I think you should update it asap and you will save your time. Map, carousel, booking and contact form are the most common issues. In my opinion the topics: "Using a text editor", "The robots tag", "How to change text" are completely redundant.
I'm sure your answer will be helpful for other users as well.

Kind Regards
Stan

Stanko07
Sat, 06/04/2016 - 02:39

In terms of 2) Bookin Form, plese find attached image.

Image title

cindy
cindy's picture
Sat, 06/04/2016 - 11:29

Hi,

1/ In file scripts.js, code active slider are inside function owlCarouselSlider(), each slider has its own class name, which is located in an If statement 

For ex, slider Guestbook has class ".guestbook-slider". If your want this slider autoplay, you please add these options:

autoPlay: 5000,
stopOnHover : true,

to the same level with other Options 

- Speed for sliders: Its option name is "slideSpeed", You can add the millisecond number (Ex: slideSpeed: 1000)

2/

3/ In file scripts.js, search function datepicker(), then change format: "mm/dd/yyyy" => "dd/mm/yyyy"
Also, below function datepicker() you can see the code for validating booking, please search:
var checkin = $('#date-1').datepicker({

and
var checkout = $('#date-2').datepicker({

Then add option format: "dd/mm/yyyy" inside them

4/

5/ We understand. We will fix and update this in later version

6/ Our intention: 

- List dropdown to display areas where hotel Caruso is located.
- Each area displays list of Attractions in the left sidebar.
- Click on each Attraction, the content will be loaded on the right side.
- Link Google Map Location in the content right will make change to location on the above map.
=> All will be solved at backend

Stanko07
Sun, 06/05/2016 - 00:32

HiCindy

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

1/ Carouselsorted out :) 

2/ A piece of advice for users who experienced the same problem withbooking form. Edit file search_step_3.php and find:

$msg= "$name<br>arrive:$_POST[surname]<br>departure:$_POST[departure]<br>adults:$_POST[adults]<br>children:$_POST[children]";

thenreplace it with:

$msg= "$name \r\n 
$surname:$_POST[surname]\r\n 
arrive:$_POST[arrive] \r\n 
departure:$_POST[departure]\r\n 
adults:$_POST[adults] \r\n
children:$_POST[children]";

3/ Unfortunately I couldn't find this code in my scripts.js

I'veonly found and changed format "Mm/Dd/Yyyy"=> "Dd/Mm/Yyyy"

ButI there is no var checkin = $('#date-1').datepicker({

andvar checkout = $('#date-2').datepicker({

inscripts.js

Howto resolve this issue.?

4) Location on a map - Contact page

I'vechanged coordinates in line 14 of map.js but it doesn't work. Themarker on a map is in the same place.

Line14: var place = ['Default Contact Address', ...

Howto change the marker position on contact map as well as on Attractionpage?

6/I understand yours intention but none of mentioned option work:
“-Click on each Attraction, the content will be loaded on the rightside.” - it doesn't work
“- Link 
GoogleMap Location inthe content right will make change to location on the above map.”- it doesn't work as well.

Brilliant idea but unfortunately attraction page doesn't work at all. I wouldbe grateful if you could tell me how to resolve this issue.

Ireally appreciate your help and looking forward your response.

By the way there is some problem with this comments editor. Sometimes it uses Capital Leters.  Even format of copied and pasted text has been changed :)

Regards

Stan

cindy
cindy's picture
Mon, 06/06/2016 - 09:52

Hi Stanko07,

3/ Please search in file scripts.js the following code:
.datepicker({

then put format: "dd/mm/yyyy",  inside it
4/
Please check your email for the update

To change location, please open file contact.html and search:

<div data-default-address="New York"></div>

In which, you can replace New York with your desired location

Besides, in Contact page, when you click on each location, it will be shown on the map. To add more location, please add div class "location" to the same level with other div class "location" 

- data-contact-name:  title of infobox on the map (Note: Google js infobox library now has error, we are awaiting for their fix. If there is no fix, we will work on this issue later)
- data-contact-address: your location address

6/ There is a misunderstanding here. our intention is not for HTML (static data). Template html frontend is for interface only.  We described those functions to imply the backend process of a dynamic html (like a theme)

Stanko07
Tue, 06/07/2016 - 01:23

Hi Cindy,

3/ What doeas it mean - " then put format: "dd/mm/yyyy",  inside it "  ? 

I've found .datepicker({ in two lines 393 and 408 under  /* TimeBox */ section. 

Can you be more specific in your posts, please. I wold do it myself if I knew js. Could you copy and paste this part of code, please

4/ In terms of Attraction and Contact Page I've updated all received files but still there is no map on Safari and Chrome browser (iOS, iphon).  

Have you got any idea ho to fix it?

Regards

cindy
cindy's picture
Tue, 06/07/2016 - 14:47

Hi,

3/ Please see this:

Image title

4/ Please try the new update (check your email, please)

Stanko07
Wed, 06/08/2016 - 21:48

Hi Cindy,

I haven't received any email. I've checked spam folder as well. I have only received "update map 2" which is working perfect.

I've compered above code with my scripts.js and have noticed many differences and probably I can't change a date format. 

Could you send it out again, please.

cindy
cindy's picture
Thu, 06/09/2016 - 09:14

Hi,

Please send us your file script.js, we will check your code and help you in changing date format

Stanko07
Sun, 06/12/2016 - 16:00

Hi Cindy,

I sent you my file script.js few day age (9 June 2016). I would be grateful if you could send me a correct version of this file. 

There is missing code: 

var checkin = $('#date-1').datepicker({
and

var checkout = $('#date-2').datepicker({

Thank you.