Form Validations

ECurtisDesigns
Wed, 04/12/2017 - 09:29
Form Validations

Hello. The contact form validation for "please enter your email" and "please enter a message" are displayed after a full return (as if a paragraph or 2 break tags were used before the validation message). I would send you a screen capture but you don't provide for image uploads apparently. You can view the contact page validation "placement" error at http://www.ecurtisdesigns.com/websites/pb/contact.html after selecting "send message".

In addition, the "subject" text field box is positioned a pixel or two lower than the name text box adjacent to the left? I've looked at .group, .group-item, and .mb-30 and I don't see the issue in the css? The validation javascript does not reference placement, only length. I imagine there must be something else involved here. As for the form script, it has not been altered by me in any way.

Thanks.

ECurtisDesigns
Thu, 04/13/2017 - 11:26

Found the issues.  The form was using class files in the form fields and it needed to be added to a div layer.  

<div class="mb-30"><input type="email" name="email" placeholder="Email" /></div>
<div class="mb-30"><textarea name="message" placeholder="Message"></textarea></div>

In addition, the CSS file needs to have the 30px removed from the textarea.  Would have been nice to actually get a reply on this though.  Maybe take off where you note you provide support?

cindy
cindy's picture
Fri, 04/14/2017 - 09:31

Hi,

So you managed to solve the 2nd issue?

For the 1st issue, please try to resend us a screenshot (you ca upload to dropbox) because we test and we do not understand your problem