Parallax Zooming in on Iphone 6

ECurtisDesigns
Sat, 05/06/2017 - 02:39
Parallax Zooming in on Iphone 6

Hello. There is an issue with the parallax header image zooming in (resulting in pixelation) on the iphone 6. This won't show in an emulator, only when viewing the parallax header image on on iphone. The parallax also doesn't scroll the image, but I know that this is a common issue with IOS devices so that's okay. I have another static HTML5 site with parallax and it does not zoom in / pixelate as it does using your theme Cortana.

The link to the site is
http://www.ecurtisdesigns.com/websites/pb/index.html

Please provide a solution as soon as possible. Thanks.

cindy
cindy's picture
Tue, 05/09/2017 - 10:24

Hi,

As default, parallax effect will not work on mobile for smoother and sleeker browsing. We have checked your site and see no other issue

ECurtisDesigns
Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:18

Hi.  The parallax effect is not the issue.  The issue as I noted is that the parallax pixelates -- expands the image to the point where the individual pixels are seen, so the image is not recognizable at all in IOS devices.  With my site I edited the css so that the parallax will work in IOS since my question was 3 days ago; and  I never said anything about smoother or sleeker browsing? For those who care the problem is that the parallax background attachment has a "fixed" location, which apparently causes issues with IOS devices.  I added a media screen call for devices under 767px to display the background as "scroll".  Most theme developers recognize the issue in IOS and code their CSS accordingly. 

ECurtisDesigns
Tue, 05/09/2017 - 11:23

And while you're at it, you might want to fix the issue with the magnific-popup.  If it worked, which it doesn't, it would allow for a "lighbox style" large image view, instead of just the links that you have.  I added lightbox to my site images so that there is more than just the option to link an image.  I'd suggest doing the same using magnific-popup (correctly) or lightbox, an easy addition.

cindy
cindy's picture
Thu, 05/11/2017 - 15:49

Hi,

About the gallery, this is out of our support scope. We just suggest you this

https://codepen.io/peternguyen/pen/BRrzaR

cindy
cindy's picture
Thu, 05/11/2017 - 15:59

you should fork our demo and run debug mode to check