Text layer Issues / Feature requests / Ideas

Legin76
Fri, 11/21/2014 - 23:37
Text layer Issues / Feature requests / Ideas

I've just set up my third install of mega slider and have come up against several issues that could easily be fixed.

Firstly I want to set a background colour.. I've done this using a white one pixel gif but this is an archaic method. Surly you can add a background colour selection.

I want to keep the font as the default for the site (century gothic) which is not on the font list or a google font. If I don't set a font it works fine, however I can't make the font bold or italic.

I would also like to set the line height for the font. I've worked out that in the md-slider-style.css I can set it, although it would apply to all the text.

Would it be possible to make the area for text larger. Possibly a button to open a bigger window of some kind. The little box is very restrictive.

There is an option for styles however I would like to be able to set my own custom styles. I'm worried that if I edit the md-slider-style.css it will get overwritten in updates. It would be better if I can either type in my own style / class name or be able to set them so they appear on the list, possibly adding them in a custom-md-slider.css or in my own stylesheet that is never overwritten during updates.

Connected to all those above.. Most of issues could be fixed by having a WYSIWYG editor (possibly the wordpress default one)for the text layers. Still with a custom style for each layer. This way a user could set multiple lines of text with varying sizes and weights.

Finally the most complex. When responsive, layers that have a lot of text get very small on smaller screen sizes. In some cases impossible to read. Would it be possible to have a second set of styles for smaller screens that allow us to change the layout to suit the size of screen? I would want to make the slider a bit taller and thinner with some elements closer to the edges with bigger font sizes.

Thanks for your attention..

The first few elements would make the slider much more intuitive. The ability to set custom styles to the text layers is a must for me and would solve many problems for me. The rest or suggestions / ideas.

I'll work around the responsive side by creating multiple sliders with the same content and display or hide them based on screen size.

nguyennguyen
nguyennguyen's picture
Tue, 11/25/2014 - 10:13

Hi
Firstly, Sorry for replying late.
About your question:
1. Set Background color, you mean : http://awesomescreenshot.com/0183wmq676 ?
2. Set font style: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c43wmpv1e
3. set the line height for the font: You can custom css by point target: example .md-slide-wrap .md-objects div{ line-height:14px; }
4.Would it be possible to make the area for text larger: Do you mean http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d03wmr73d, if it's right, you can resize box.
5.There is an option for styles however I would like to be able to set my own custom styles. I'm worried that if I edit the md-slider-style.css it will get overwritten in updates: Yes, if you put style into custom-md-slider.css, your custom css will be lost when update new version. We will update this issue in the next version.
Now, please follow step-by-step the instruction below to create your custom css file:
+ 1. Open front-end->css and create custom.css file: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f73wms2bd
+ 2. Open mega-slider.php and then find the load_front_scripts() function, on the line 163 and put this code:
wp_register_style('md-customcss', MS_FRONT_URL . '/css/custom.css', array(), true, '1.0');
wp_enqueue_style('md-customcss');
inside function. http://awesomescreenshot.com/0823wmsj49
5.Connected to all those above.. Most of issues could be fixed by having a WYSIWYG editor (possibly the wordpress default one)for the text layers. Still with a custom style for each layer. This way a user could set multiple lines of text with varying sizes and weights: Thank for your feed back, we will consider WYSIWYG in next version

6.Finally the most complex. When responsive, layers that have a lot of text get very small on smaller screen sizes. In some cases impossible to read. Would it be possible to have a second set of styles for smaller screens that allow us to change the layout to suit the size of screen? I would want to make the slider a bit taller and thinner with some elements closer to the edges with bigger font sizes: Currently, our module has not supported this yet. However, We will try to fix this issue as soon as possible. Because the slider shrinks in size, the text also shrinks. You can custom css to configure font text on smaller screens.

Once again, We want to say thank you very much for all your feed back
Best regards
pirateS

Legin76
Tue, 11/25/2014 - 17:09

Hi.. Thanks for your reply.
1. Background... Yes. I mean the option to set the background for each slide as a color as well as or as an alternative to an image.
2. Bold / Italic when no font set. Yes although the bold/italic options are there they are currently only available if you select a font. Ideally they should always be available.
3. Line height... Is there any chance of adding it to the admin in a future update? If empty it would use your default.
4. Larger text area... I mean the box where you type rather than the one that shows where it will be displayed. I was thinking more like an enlarge button that opens an ajax layer over the top. I think this would be necessary if you do add a WYSIWYG editor.
5. Custom Styles... That's very helpful thank you. Will that show up in the style select in he admin?

I think this is an excellent product and will only get better and better.
Thanks again..

nguyennguyen
nguyennguyen's picture
Wed, 11/26/2014 - 12:11

Hi
1. Background Color: Sorry, this plugin do not support background color
2. Bold / Italic when no font set: I checked it, we will update in next version
3. Line height: To set line height, you need custom css
4. Larger text area: Thank for your feed back, we will consider this functionaly in next verion
5. Custom styles: No, it's custom style on front end, example: .md-slide-wrap .md-objects div{ color:red; }, the text in slider will be set to red color on front-end
Once again,thank for your concert in our product
Best regards

Legin76
Wed, 11/26/2014 - 20:04

Hi

Thank you for that information.. Perhaps you could make the background colour transparent by default then rather than blue. That way if there is no image it would be the colour of whatever is behind it?

nguyennguyen
nguyennguyen's picture
Wed, 11/26/2014 - 20:32

Hi
We will update this functionality in next version
Thanks a lot ;)
Best regards

Legin76
Wed, 11/26/2014 - 20:34

Fantastic.. Thanks.