hotel details - description (left) and images + map (right) heights are unbalanced

arl_garm
Fri, 06/02/2017 - 13:10
hotel details - description (left) and images + map (right) heights are unbalanced

Hi guys, first of all... thanks for all your support!

Here I have a new detail that can improve your template for future versions.

If I have a long description for a property like this:

http://boutiquevedado.com/

as you can see the description is long enough to leave a big blank space in the bottom of the map. this is what I would like as improvement:

- the map in non mobile versions should fill the blank space to its bottom, regarding the description's size. As in about us: http://boutiquevedado.com/about
- in the mobile version functionality should remain the same as now.
- if the description height (left content in general) is smaller than the right content (images slider + map) then we should keep the current logic = no map resize.

what do you think about all this?

thanks in advance

Ariel

arl_garm
Fri, 06/02/2017 - 13:23

Note:

i think we need to see it as left content and right content, including in left content the Services (list of icons) in some cases.

In my logic i show the services icons in the frontend, if a property has services included in the backend, if not then in the frontend clients will see the description as the last visible element in the left content; otherwise the last visible element will be the Services.

It means we need to check who is last visible at left: desctiption or services... then the map has to adapt to that last visible element.

thanks again!

cindy
cindy's picture
Tue, 06/13/2017 - 15:07

Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback. This shows your interest and your concern in our template and we really appreciate this

We will consider your report for later version

Thank you so much!

arl_garm
Tue, 06/13/2017 - 16:44

Hi Cindy,

Can you do something in the meanwhie until you have a later version?

i think is a good fix to include as soon as possible, as you can see in the example in use right now, there is a big problem with that empty space bellow the map.

thanks in advance

ariel

cindy
cindy's picture
Tue, 06/13/2017 - 17:06

For temporary solution, you can increase map's height. However, if your content/description is too long, this issue is hard to solve. 

Or you can insert check availability form into the space 

arl_garm
Tue, 06/13/2017 - 18:03

yes well i was thinking more of an adaptative solution, autosizing and etc.

please give a thought to this!

thanks!